Wow! What an amazing week we were blessed with in September. Christopher West and the rest of the Cor Project travelled the Country presenting Gods glorious plan for love, life and our bodies; giving seminars, running retreats and leading the South African people in song.
Whether you were lucky enough to be part of one of Christopher’s presentations or you missed out on his trip, you have come to the right place. This is Christopher West in SA central! Keep scrolling for pictures from his talks, resources (as they become available) and more information on how you can learn more about this revolutionary teaching and get involved in spreading it in South Africa!
If you did attend one or more Christopher West presentations we ask you to please complete this brief feedback survey. We, and the Cor Project, would greatly appreciate your feedback, suggestions and comments so that we can make these events even better. Completion of this survey before the end of October means you will have a chance to win a recording of Christopher’s “Living the Joy of Love” weekend seminar in Johannesburg. Please CLICK HERE to take the survey
Christopher and his team touched many hearts during their trip to South Africa. To do these moments justice we asked 6 South Africans who had been profoundly influenced on his speaking tour to give us their experiences and why these meant so much to them. As their testimonies become available they will be added here. Want to see more photos? Click here to visit our albums. Like our page if you haven’t already and tag everyone you know!
Some of Christopher’s sessions were captured on video and or audio recordings. Once these are completed they will be for sale on this site and available by following links placed in this section.
We as Theology of the Body South Africa have been journeying through, and proclaiming, the teachings of Pope Saint John Paul II since 2009. As a result there are many ways in which you can learn more and get involved in this vitally important ministry. Below are our plans for the next period of time. If you would like to register to be part of one of these or ask us to come and address your church, school, prayer group; or just chat to us about Theology of the body, our work and how you can help or get involved… please contact us.
Please note that these events are not the only plans we have for the next year but only those which have been confirmed. Please watch the calendar on our website to keep up to day on more TOB SA events.
- CITE – 21 October 2017 – Official follow up to Christopher West’s Seminar and a great way to go deeper into the teachings of Pope St John Paul II. This will be held monthly.
- Holy Mass, JP II Feast day – 22 October 2017 – To be celebrated by the Parish of Saint John Paul II in the South of Joburg, under a marquee and on the land on which their new church will soon be built.
- Isipho Retreat Durban – 4 & 5 November 2017 – Introduction to Theology of the Body presented on a weekend retreat, aimed particularly at young adults and youth leaders but open to all over 17.
- Isipho Retreat Cape Town – 1 & 2 December 2017 – Introduction to Theology of the Body presented on a weekend retreat.
- Isipho Retreat PTA – 24 & 25 February 2017 – Introduction to Theology of the Body presented on a weekend retreat.
- Detonation Guy’s Retreat, Joburg – March 2018 – A daytime weekend retreat for men who want to discover the “ticking time bomb” that is TOB.
- “Be Not Afraid” Mass Hike, Gauteng – April 2018 – A morning hike, TOB discussion and Holy Mass in true Pope Saint John Paul II tradition.
- Totus Tuus Women’s Conference, Gauteng – 24 August 2017 -TOB themed conference for Christian Women
Sign up to the Cor project to access content and media that will help you to learn more and get daily meditations from Christopher and the team. Also check out Mike Mangione’s website to hear more of his beautiful melodies.